Saturday, February 20, 2010

Are you a clubber?

Do you belong to a book club? With so many different types of ways to belong these days it is almost essential for those bookaholics. I belong to the traditional in person group that meets once a month and I also belong to a few online groups.

I have found that the in person group is a much more of a social getaway than an actual book discussion group. This is totally fine with me because I love meeting with these ladies. I only wish that we would adopt a semi-formal structure for those that do want to discuss the book.
My online group discusses the books and we also have a chatter side to socially connect. I like the structure of the online group better but the human connection is missing.

There are many resources to start or join a book club including Paperback Swap www.paperbackswap.com or Meetup www.meetup.com You can also check with the local library or browse craiglist.

Do belong to a book club, what is your structure? Are you happy with it? What would you change if you could?

No comments: