Saturday, January 24, 2009
This is the second book in the Dead End Job series and it was delightful. I love Helen Hawthorne and this time she is working in a bookstore (dream job if you ask me). The owner of the bookstore, a real jerkface anyway, ends up dead and Helen's friend Peggy is charged with the crime. Helen sets out to prove that Peggy is innocent and learn some interesting things about her former boss, coworkers and friends along thw way.
Monday, January 12, 2009
This is from the Monkeewrench series although it primarily involves Detectives Roseleth and Magozzi. Grace and her gang only make a couple of brief appearances throughout the book. This story starts out with a snowman making contest gone haywire and ends with a tale of murder, lies, and destruction of an entire generation.
Monday, January 5, 2009
1. Wicked- Gregory Maguire
2. 16 Lighthouse Rd- Debbie Macomber
3. Hide- Lisa Gardner
4. Whistling in the Dark- Lesley Kagen
5. Perisan Pickle Club- Sandra Dallas
6. One Fifth Ave- Candace Bushnell
7. The Historian- Elizabeth Kostova
8. The Shack- William Young
9. Dead Run- PJ Tracy
10. Millionaire Women Next Door- Thomas J. Stanley (Non-fiction)