Friday, July 31, 2009

22. Homicide in Hardcover by Kate Carlisle

This is the first book in the Bibliophile series and I cannot wait for the next one. Unfortunately I read faster than she writes and this book was released this year so I am sure I will have at least 6 months to wait. This story was intriguing from the very beginning. Brooklyn, a book restorer, is put in charge of Faust by Goethe. Of course this book is said to carry a curse but she does not believe it at all. From the description of the Covington library I absolutely want to go there, but of course it is fiction so it will remain a place in my mind. A handsome British detective also plays into the plot and boy is he a catch. After Brooklyn's mentor Abraham is viciously murdered in the splendid library with the Faust found in his jacket with his arms wrapped around it, she is determined to find out who has done this. But will she be able to find out who done it before she becomes another victim?

Definitely a 5/5


No comments: